Getting and staying fit can be a challenge. For many of us, it’s hard just to get up off the couch. So what’s the secret of people who have managed to make exercise a way of life so Be Consistent and Follow an Effective Exercise Routine
Physical activity won’t just happen. Most activities require planning – starting and maintaining a physical activity program does too.
- Make exercise a top priority.
- Set yourself short and long-term SMART goals
- Don’t weigh yourself every day as your weight fluctuates daily.
- Make the time to exercise.
- Choose an exercise
- Reject excuses.
- Think about the benefits versus the costs.
- Review your plans and goals, and track your progress
Almost anybody can safely take up walking, and light to moderate exercise is usually fine for healthy adults with no troublesome symptoms. So easy ways to Start exercise..
- Walk – Take five to 10 minutes to warm up and cool down properly.
- Plan to start slowly and boost your activity level gradually unless you are already exercising frequently and vigorously.
- Listen to your body. Hold off on exercise when you’re sick or feeling very fatigued.
- Sit to stand, Go from sitting to standing to sitting again, 10 times in a row. Rest for a minute, then repeat.
- Calf stretch, Sit on the edge of a couch with your feet flat on the floor. With one leg, keeping your heel on the floor, lift and point the toes toward the ceiling, so that you feel a stretch in your calf muscle. Hold for 30 seconds, then do the same with the other leg, three times per leg.
- Stand on one leg, Holding on to the back of a chair for stability, lift one heel toward your buttocks. Hold for 30 to 45 seconds, three times per leg. To improve your balance on unsteady surfaces, try this with shoes off on a balled-up beach towel.
- Shoulder blade squeeze, Pinch your shoulder blades together, but not up (don’t shrug). Hold for 10 seconds, then repeat 10 times.
- Hand squeeze, While seated upright, hold a ball (the size of a basketball) over your lap with both hands, then squeeze the ball as if you’re trying to deflate it. Hold for a few seconds, then release. Repeat 10 times, rest, then do another set of 10 repetitions. You can also improve your grip strength by squeezing a small rubber ball in one hand.
So above the tips for safe and healthy excise so Make exercise fun…..